An Englishman in New England

An Englishman in New England

Work like no-one's watching, dance like you don't need the money, and hurt like you've never been loved.

All About The Englishman


Be informed
Be entertained
Be perverted
Confess, sinner
Things fall apart. The center cannot hold.
Change your perceptions. They're lame.
I have a dream.
I am Jack's imaginary friend
Don't think. Just Grow.
For all your multimedia needs
Rehabilitating Mr. Wiggles
Filthy Lies
Hey! You make me throw up a little!
The Framley Examiner Personals
From the creator of 'Grow'
Fura Neko games!
This man is everything I hope to be, artistically
Tokyo Plastic 2.0h!

I love free speech. Talk to me.


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
December 2004
March 2005


Belle De Jour
C h a p e l . P e r i l o u s
Another Girl, Another Planet
Robber Rabbit

currently. . .

[Playing] Oh, holy Halo 2, Xbox
[Reading] War of the Worlds
[Songs of the Moment] Freelove Freeway, Ricky Gervais/David Brent & Noel Gallagher (The Office), Let Me Love You, Mario
[Movie(s) of the Moment] Before Sunset

highlight reel

Pussy Perspectives
The Laid List
Liquored Up and Lookin' Fer Pussy
Orphan Rampage
The Office and David Carradine
Urkel's Calling
A Wee Turtle's Head
Non-Event Horizon
The Illusion of Time
Born To Run
Bush Humor
Fiendster: The Anti-Friendster
Crusoe and the INS
Peak Oil
Smile for me, Mona
Spin the bullet bachelor party
Spin the bullet part II
Heaven and Home
Heal the world

Atom Feed me, Seymour

~ Powered By ~

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by
your mom

~ Listed By ~
Listed on Blogwise
The Weblog Review

~ Template By ~

Monday, March 29

Going once, going twice. . .

Navigating the treacherous waters known as 'Ebay dot com' is a subtle and refined art. Thus, who better to guide you through than The Englishman? Allow me to educate you on the finer points of a sadly flourishing pasttime:

- The number of exclamation marks is inversely proportional to the trustworthiness of the seller. Example - "HOT NEW **MINT** CONDITION XBOXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ~ this person is obviously going to send you a Care Bears lunch box spray-painted black and filled with pebbles in return for your $200 stumped up in good faith. All caps is synonymous with trying to get you hot and sweaty about bidding on this cruel hoax.

- Once you include shipping in the price of your 'bargain', you are essentially paying the same amount as for a new version for the priviledge of sending your hard-earned cash out into the electronic ether and waiting wide-eyed and sleepless for a response.

- "NR", also known in the wild as "No Reserve" ~ a clear sign of darting-eyed, crack-addicted desperation - something anything will serve as adequate payment for this item. A rare glimpse of honesty into the actual value of the piece of human waste you're bidding on.

- "No scratches on CD/DVD/Game disc" ~ Will arrive looking like it was chained to the back of Dale Earnhardt's NASCAR (which, incidentally, is made out of five thousand angry cats sewn together) for a few hundred laps. Note the Georgia shipping address when what's left of it finally arrives in your sweaty, anticipatory hands.

- "You have been outbid by QTPa2TPrinCessGurl90210" ~ You have just lost your most prized bargain to a 14 year old girl who is richer than you. Loser.

- "Factory-Sealed" ~ "I had some saran-wrap left over from dinner".

- "Excellent condition" ~ Considering the holocaust it has just endured at my hands.

- "Shipping will take 5 days" ~ Which is more than I need to flee the country with your money and leave you with your thumb up your no-no hole.

- "Buy It Now" ~ Curse yourself later.

- "I accept PayPal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ~ Note the earlier equation regarding exclamation marks, and consider how life would be once this person gets their hands on your credit card information.

- "Power Seller" ~ Owns and sells more bits of human detritus than all the garage sales and swap-meets your parents ever dragged you kicking and screaming by the eyelids to. Or that weird old lady up the street who kept a lot of feral cats in her house.

- "98% positive feedback" ~ The remaining 2% were not able to be identified, as their dental records were mysteriously 'lost'.

Tune in next week when The Englishman goes over how to recruit the minds of the weak into your cult, using only reviews posted on!